This is a small selection of the projects I've done over the years.
- Responsive corporate website using Drupal, Twitter Bootstrap and based off of the wonderful Unify theme.
- Manually integrated the Unify theme into a custom Drupal theme.
- Uses several useful libraries, including Fancybox, Font-Awesome, and CKEditor.
- Personally wrote this entire system (back-end and front-end) from the ground-up during my work for OEIE.
- Used Twitter Bootstrap and Laravel to create this friendly data gathering system.
- Full Administrative and Reporting interfaces.
- Gathers data over multiple reporting years, aggregating them into mandatory NSF reports and other custom reports.
- Each form is generated and validated (both client and server side) from a single config file.
- Capable of hosting any number of project evaluation websites.
- This product was licensed from K-State to form the spinoff company Piestar, Inc.
2010: K-State Institute for Civic Discourse and Democracy
- Transformed a Photoshop mock-up into a full Drupal site.
- Created a newsletter webform.
- Custom horizontal drop-down menus.
2009: K-State College of Engineering Drupal websites
- Upgraded the K-State College of Engineering and 50+ other websites into the Drupal content management system.
- Wrote several custom Drupal modules and themes for this, including the open source Admin-only mode module.
- Wrote many administrative scripts to manage 50+ Drupal sites, utilizing Drupal's command line tool Drush.
2003: K-State College of Engineering Intranet
- A custom PHP/PostgreSQL inventory system. Comparable commercial systems cost $5000+. Makes heavy use of PL/PGSQL triggers and stored procedures.
Vast array of features including:
- DNS/DHCP server integration
- Automated asset hardware/software information gathering
- Wrote (well, ported) an open-source PHP EDID reader
- Full DB-level, fine-grained permissions system, allowing use by multiple separate departments
- Reads from our ticketing system and integrates with our Drupal website.
- Automated QuickBooks reporting system
- Various internal administrative tools
2001: SurfManhattan.net - Local news site for Manhattan, KS
- Site is no longer active due to my father's passing.
- My first PHP/MySQL content management system, written from scratch.
- Horrible, horrible code. I am ashamed. But it worked reliably for a decade.
- Included a custom weather widget, which pulled weather data from NOAA and dynamically created a weather banner as an image.
1999: College of Engineering UNIX administration
- Automated user and administrative tasks using Perl, C and shell scripts.
- My most useful Perl script migrated thousands of users mail folders from the old "Pine" mail storage system to a modern IMAP mail system.